The primary focus of the SAM Specialist will be to support the Software Asset Manager with the delivery of a large IT Migration Programme.
The successful candidate will be working as an integral part of the Software Asset Management Team but with a primary focus and matrixed reporting line into the Sentinel Programme.
- Software Asset Management
- Full integration with the Sentinel Programme and point of liaison with the SAM Team on all Programme requirements
- Analysis of the contractual right to use in the target environment of all software on every device in scope
- Analysis of the number of licenses owned vs. required
- Integration with the architecture team ensuring licensing considerations are intrinsic to the physical and logical infrastructure and database designs
- Ensure Flexera is installed and can report on every server in the target locations
- Ensure all project and license documentation impacted by the Sentinel project is stored in a consistent way according to SAM Process and Policy
Certifications/training: None required
- Must be experienced in working with Flexera as the primary software management tool
- Must have previous experience of using ServiceNow and the ServiceNow CMDB
- Must be confident working in complex environments
- Must be confident in dealing with ambiguity
Other soft skills/aptitude:
- Patient, methodical, calm and polite.
- A self-starter, able to work with people in different countries, cultures and languages.