Role & Responsibilities :
The team is responsible for developing and enhancing Insights current Front Office infrastructure. Tasks range from gathering and documenting business requirements, writing specifications, testing, handover to IT support teams, and occasionally, ad-hoc query handling and support tasks.
To succeed in this role the individual must be able to face off to both the business e.g. Front Office as well as IT, applying an organised and proactive approach, and ensuring they add value to the team.
Role account-abilities :
- Complete business analysis tasks by:
- Gathering, documenting and gaining sign-off on business requirements;
- Production of functional specifications for IT developers;
- Ensuring requirements are reflected correctly as test cases;
- Estimation of the time to carry out analysis tasks;
- Conducting system testing, organisation UAT, and ensuring issues are correctly catalogued and prioritised;
- Performing complete handovers on new system enhancements to the relevant IT support teams;
- Support prioritisation of development tasks;
- Completing tasks within specified time frames.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with the business and IT.
- Knowledge, skills and behaviours required
- Strong working knowledge of thinkFolio or other 3rd Party Order Management System
- Thorough understanding of trade lifecycle from order inception to settlement
- Demonstrable experience gathering requirements as a business analyst, and effectively communicating these with both developers and other stakeholders;
- Deep cross asset class knowledge
- Experience using SQL.
- Ability to critically assess processes, indicating change accordingly;
- Agree and prioritise requirements and work with peers and manage these through the project lifecycle from feasibility stage to completion;
- Reviewing and ensuring best practises are observed at all stages of the process.